Wei Zheng, M.D.
Dr. Wei ZhengUrologist
Pacific Urology Locations:
Dr. Wei Zheng is a board-certified urologist. He specializes in:
- Medical and surgical treatment for kidney stones.
- Minimally invasive treatment of kidney, bladder and prostate cancer.
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy
- Female urinary incontinence.
- Male erectile dysfunction.
- No scalpel vasectomy.
Additionanlly, Dr. Zheng is one of a few surgeons in the East Bay area who performs single stage percutaneous nephrolithotomy.
Approach to Treatment
I love my job. I am very lucky to have a career that is rooted in a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction knowing that someone will feel better because of the work that I do.
I am very much a ‘people person’ and enjoy interacting with all my patients. I feel that modern medicine sometimes loses focus of individualized medical care and that a patient-first emphasis is what separates a good doctor from a great one.
About Dr. Zheng
Dr. Wei Zheng is board certified by the American Board of Urology and a fellow of both the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the Endourological Society.
Dr. Zheng completed his pre-medicine certification at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. Staying true to his school, Dr. Zheng also completed both his general surgery and urological residences through an accelerated medical degree program at McGill.
Dr. Zheng was a recipient of the Olser Society Scholarship and the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation Scholarship for his outstanding research in juvenile diabetes. Furthering his interest in kidney stone management, Dr. Zheng pursued an Endourology Fellowship at University of Western Ontario, the premiere stone disease center in Canada.
Prior to joining Pacific Urology in May 2013, Dr. Zheng worked in hospitals in nearby Stockton, Calif. for more than 12 years.
Dr. Zheng is married and has two children. He enjoys running, skiing and spending time with his family.
- McGill University in Montreal, Canada
- Residency, McGill University in Montreal, Canada
- Fellowship, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Patients’ Choice Award by the popular doctor-rating website Vitals.com
- Olser Society Scholarship
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation Scholarship