Parminder Sethi, M.D.
Dr. Parminder SethiUrologist
Pacific Urology Locations:
Dr. Parminder Sethi is a board-certified urologist. His special interests are:
- Neurourology, bladder dysfunction and overactive bladder.
- Incontinence and bladder reconstructive surgery.
- Minimally invasive, in-office BPH treatment including Rezūm.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Minimally invasive stone surgery including endoscopic and percutaneous stone removal.
Dr. Sethi is one of the few urologists who specialize in InterStim neuromodulation procedure for refractory bladder dysfunction. He performs all state-of-the-art urological procedures using cutting edge technology including laparoscopic, laser and minimally invasive surgeries for the prostate, urinary incontinence, erectile dysfunction and kidney stones.
Dr. Sethi is a recognized expert in treating enlarged prostates, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), with Rezūm, a minimally invasive water vapor thermal therapy. Dr. Sethi was instrumental in establishing Pacific Urology as a Rezūm center of excellence. Pacific Urology has the most experience treating BPH with Rezūm on the West Coast.
Dr. Sethi has been performing no-scalpel vasectomies since 1997, InterStim procedures since 2003 and Rezūm procedures since 2016.
Approach to Treatment
I decided in high school I want to be a surgeon, after being inspired by my grandfather, who was an old-time surgeon.
During the breadth of my education, I took a year off in medical school to volunteer my time to a charitable mission hospital in northern India. This experience instilled in me the importance of empathy and compassion towards fellow human beings.
I am always available to my patients, by phone, by e-mail and in person. I am a very compassionate listener. Best compliment I heard came from an 80-year-old patient, who suffered from incontinence all her life. Her quality of life improved so much after an InterStim implant that she said, “Now I can trampoline with my grandkids!”
Meet Dr. Sethi
About Dr. Sethi
Dr. Parminder S. Sethi has been a diplomate (board certified) of the American Board of Urology since 2000. He earned his bachelor of medicine and surgery (MBBS) and his master’s of surgery (MS) from Christian Medical College, Punjab University, Ludhiana, India. He then trained in the United Kingdom in general surgery and urology. He was named a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) in Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1990.
Dr. Sethi then completed a urology residency at the division of urology at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, and fellowship training in neuro-urology and urodynamics at the department of urology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, in Iowa City, Iowa. His main research focus was bladder dysfunction incontinence; he has published several articles on that topic.
He is a member of the Alameda Medical Society, California Medical Association, Society of Urodynamics and Female Urology, and the American Urological Association. Dr. Sethi was named one of America’s Top Urologists in 2012, and has been awarded fellowship to the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
In his free time he likes to travel, go hiking and spend time with his family.
Dr. Sethi is available for consultation, for both adult and pediatric patients, at the San Ramon and Walnut Creek locations.
- Christian Medical College, Punjab University, Ludhiana, India
- Fellowship, Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Edinburgh, Scotland
- Residency, division of urology at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio
- Fellowship, department of urology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors Award 2014 – 2019
- San Francisco Magazine Bay Area Top Urologist 2015 – 2019
- Vitals On-Time Doctor Award 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
- Ten-time winner of the Patients’ Choice Award by the popular doctor-rating website Vitals.com
- Vitals Compassionate Doctor Recognition 2010-2017
- America’s Most Honored Professionals Award by the American Registry 2017
- Top Doctor in the State of California, 2014
- Included in the guide to “America’s Top Urologists,” 2007, 2008 and 2012
- Recipient of the Pfizer Scholars in Urology Award, 1996