My-Linh “Mimi” Nguyen, M.D.
Dr. My-Linh “Mimi” NguyenUrogynecologist
Pacific Urology Locations:
Dr. Nguyen is an OB/GYN who specializes in urogynecology. Her clinical focus is in female pelvic medicine and reconstruction. Her interests include:
About Dr. Nguyen
Dr. Nguyen graduated from the University of California, Davis with highest honors earning her bachelor’s degree in English literature while also completing a pre-medical curriculum. She received her medical degree and residency training in Obstetrics & Gynecology at New York Medical College in New York City. After residency, she completed a fellowship in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery at UCLA.
As a specialist of the female pelvis, Dr. Nguyen is able to treat a myriad of gynecologic problems both conservatively and with surgery. As a reconstructive surgeon, she performs a number of procedures, from complex pelvic operations to minimally-invasive laparoscopic or vaginal procedures.
One aspect of urogynecology that Dr. Nguyen loves is that she is able to help heal women affected by pelvic floor disorders such as incontinence and vaginal prolapse. Dr. Nguyen spends time with patients focusing on their most troublesome symptoms, and together they work on strategies that will best help patients improve their quality of life; in some cases, patients even receive a renewed sense of self.
Every year since 2014, Dr. Nguyen has presented her research at national and international meetings on topics such as robotic simulation teaching, surgical career choice, imaging modalities for prolapse and defecatory dysfunction, patient outcomes using novel surgical techniques for incontinence, and pelvic floor muscle training.
Dr. Nguyen grew up in the San Jose Bay Area. She enjoys spending quality time with her husband, two children and two dogs. Dr. Nguyen loves visiting big cities, museums and parks. She also enjoys traveling, cooking and dining out. To decompress Dr. Nguyen practices meditation and feng shui; she also finds dog grooming and online shopping relaxing.
- BA, University of California, Davis
- MD, New York Medical College
- Internship & Residency in OB/GYN, New York Medical College
- Fellowship in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery (Urogynecology), University of California, Los Angeles
- New York Medical College Dean’s Research Award, 2014
- Special Recognition for Research Metropolitan Resident Research Day, 2012
- Resident Medical Student Teaching Award, Department of OB/GYN of NYMC, 2012
- Sanford Sall, MD Medical Student Award in OB/GYN, New York Medical College, 2010
- American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology John Gibbons Medical Student Award, 2009